START HERE: PPE File Sharing and File Requests

THIS THREAD FOR REQUESTING, SHARING FILES ONLY. DISCUSSION BELONGS IN A GENERAL THREAD

CHECK THE ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS THERE ARE MANY FILE VARIATIONS SHARED HERE!

THESE ARE FILES FOR LASER CUTTING FACE SHIELD HEADBANDS IN POLYPROPYLENE SHEET ADDING A PVC/ACETATE READY CUT VISOR (DO NOT PUT PVC IN LASER CUTTER)

THE BASIC DXF FILE
Here is the basic file as a DXF (importable into MOST laser cutter software might not work with corel)
Covid 19 Facemask - V0.5.dxf (164.7 KB)

Various types and layout of file below.

SMOKE&MIRRORS dropbox folder (has various files in it):

Friend of mine created this GIT hub depository. A GIT is a place used in programming to store programmes and other useful files. Lots of developers use it so it comes as the first option when you deal with techie folks.

FILE HERE (GIT Depository):
re-innovation/Face_Visor_PPE

Build Instructions by East Essex Hackspace member Tim

A shout out to @phillw who has been a tremendous help to the forum. @phillw doesn’t work for Smoke & Mirrors (and I’ve never met him I don’t think) but he’s been superb at answering questions and sharing files! Thank you Phill.

Thanks
Smokey.

Good shout, I will rename a load of mine and put up here shortly

Hi folks,

All the files I upload will now be put into this folder:

Have a look at the requests file for info

Lets get on it cutters!

Cheers
Phill

2 Likes

I just noticed Kitronic sheet is 1050x750mm.
If you chop it in 1/2 to give a 750x525 sheet, I have worked up a file which gives:
13 x headbands
14 x standoffs
14 x adjusting straps

It is quite tight on the borders, maybe too tight, but they are now in the dropbox folder too:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Great effort by everyone with the PPE. I’ve been tinkering with a design for a Tension Release Band as i have had quite a few request for these over the last few days. The design can be laser cut out of Polypropylene and it can be folded up to make it easier to store when not in use. If this is of any interest to anyone I’ve put a 2D Design and DXF format of the design into the below Google Drive Shared folder -

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1DQ66ehJT9JxO0pem51i_0jpW2yLyVEBG?usp=sharing

Thanks

Paul

2 Likes

I tried to add some files, but hit the size limit so I threw them up on my own website if anyone wants to use them.

This is optimised for a 400x400mm bed laser cutter and based on 1020x720mm sheet of Polypropylene.

I’ve laid it out to optimise cutting paths so that no lines are double cut. And I’ve used a different colour (blue or pink) for internal bits to be cut first.

1. Cut one 400mm wide strip, leaving a 320mm sheet.
  2. If you have passthrough, just start cutting, if not cut the parts so that you get pieces of the listed dimensions.
1 Like

Pops’ modified design now in dropbox, assorted formats:

Trouty53’s design with dxf files:

I have made a PDF of a sort of disclaimer. If anyone wants to steal it please do.
I have a pages version that can be edited - I’ll share if requested.

I feel much better handing out PPE with this type of disclaimer that I’m emailing to the recipients of the visors. Feedback appreciated.

(It should be located in a google drive as a pdf)

:blush:Face visors notes disclaimer

1 Like

This is the minor mod I made to keep the top on reliably

Dims should be W: 221.875 H:103.942 mm (approx)

Dermot's Top with exrtra slots in end tabs

Doesn’t need any other mod as works with the existing ‘tongues’ very nicely

4 Likes

can you send me the page version of your PDF DISCLAIMER sheet. I need to change to be used in the United States (New Jersey).

This was submitted by a private person. You can ask @tim, himself if he’d like to share that with you.

You probably want Alexdubarrygurr :slight_smile: We do have a disclaimer for our own.

1 Like

Hi Tim…
Thanks… do you have a disclaimer I could modify. Can’t get a reply from Alexldubakrrygurr.

1 Like

don’t forget to remove branding and QR etc.

1 Like

Hey I replied to your Instagram post :slight_smile:
Send me your email… I can’t upload a pages version here.
However if you download the pdf in the previous comment by me then usually you can edit these in word. Depends what format you want to use.

Alex

1 Like

Thank you… my e-mail is jemdur@verizon.net … if you send via word… I have 2013 … thanks JERRY

Hey do you have a dxf file for the tension release band? I clicked the link but think it’s been removed. Email me Alexdubarrygurr@gmail.com. Thank you

1 Like

is what you need in here?

cheers
Phill