Covid 19 laser cut face shield

I have created a set of instructions for putting together a shield. See link below, shared under CC Attribution 4.0 International

2 Likes

Thank you @tim very useful. Would you also do a PDF? Thanks.

Note: I have created a category here at the community dedicated to face shields. I now also have created topic threads for asking for shields or offering shields.

Smokey.

Hi folks, Iā€™ll put the A3 one on tomorrow as our Remote Desktop isnā€™t working but Iā€™m back in school tomorrow pm. So Iā€™ll do it from there and Iā€™ll do as many formats as I can. The guy asking about CDr files. I think Corel reads illustrator so Iā€™ll do an AI file too. Apologies I couldnā€™t do this today. And our recycled folders are about 0.3mm/0.4 and they are flexible.
Fiee

1 Like

Instructions for headset assembly in PDF format

1 Like

A new video for helping make the shield from flat pack, as well as introducing top cover add on (files to follow).

1 Like

Remember these plastic parts are unaffected by alcohol so can also be wiped with any available >80% alcohol solution.

Iā€™m still waiting for my materials to arrive, so I canā€™t really try this, but since Iā€™m guessing quite a few people have access to general woodworking tools as well as their laser cutter, could production be sped up by clamping the pack of binder covers and then cutting the corners off with a bandsaw or sander and drilling the holes through the whole bunch in one go? Could make a template for holes pretty easily. Just a thought as Iā€™m brainstorming process questions.

Here is the new top section of the v1 laser cut face shield as a DXF as per the video posted above.

Top Cap Test 0.2.dxf (223.6 KB)

Itā€™s still a BETA file, and no I donā€™t have it in other formats or laid out with the face shield parts as yet.

3 Likes

2d design version here:

Here is a possible layout for larger cutters, 650x550mm sheet
There are not equal quantities of parts, but it utilises as much of the sheet as possible:

hi, Smoky .
idont have laser machine , im planing to make a troquel , to cut it with pressure. im from Peru, i hope someone have it in pdf or psd please. i wanna use it in the hospital i work. thanks this facial shield looks no nice.

hi Fiona do you have the file in pdf please!!!

Hi arequipa_girl,

this should be what you want:

If you can download the dxf file there is a website called zamzar that can convert them to pdf for free.

2 Likes

philllll i love you!!!
thank you so muchhhhhh muaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

ā€œtroquelā€ = a die cut. If you manage this @arequipa_girl please send pictures and good luck.

Hi Folks. What a wonderful , loving and giving site this is . Congratulations!
Hi Fiona- I am looking forward to your A3 smaller files as I have got a request from a Special needs school for face masks . Thanks so much .

1 Like

Not sure if you want to add this info to the top but Iā€™ve found a supplier of the binding covers who do 250 sheets of acetate from for Ā£11.

https://www.aosonline.co.uk/q-connect-binding-comb-covers-150micron-a4-pack-of-250-kf24010?language=en&currency=GBP&dfw_tracker=19727-47884_gb&gclid=CjwKCAjwpqv0BRABEiwA-TySwYlu82dob49nOKj8jt9im7nwy5cuRy2vgwA2ND4A5NitwgHAwsMaLxoCTxIQAvD_BwE

They have loads in stock. Simon

1 Like

Brinda, here are my files for A3 400x300 bed. I have actually made them only 270mm high as it allows for good use of material size.

They are in 2D design format. Let me know if you need them as a DXF and Iā€™ll put them in there as well.

https://nuneatonacademycouk-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/strout_nuneatonacademy_co_uk/EmYIfbsc5p5Cvl-rTwEP9QEBOIBKonmNlwDezBKdKfUu9A?e=EIJldL

1 Like

Thanks for this @TROUTY53, I think here in the feed is the best place, as this info will change quickly. Note that these sheets are 150 microns, (Iā€™ve been using 200 - 250 microns, some of the design spect request 400 microns) which will likely make an okay mask. There is some ā€œdebateā€ online about how thick the shields should be. Iā€™m very much in the ā€œno shield bad, any shield betterā€ camp so Iā€™d rather issue an 150 microns shield than not.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone

I have some shields ready to go, I am in the Surrey area. How do I get them to the NHS the correct way? The information I have is more about the 3D version.

Thanks

2 Likes