Different DLL versions on two machines

Hi guys

I’ve got two machines that both have Leetro boards one when it starts says V4.2.1 and one says V5.0.2.

Does anyone know how I can get them both to work with one laptop with one dongle???

hello @HPC1290

First off a warning, I’ve seen controllers seemingly un-recoverably damaged by firmware updates gone bad on the Leetro controllers.

I’ve not had a huge amount of experience in this area I’ll admit, but have come across the issue. I’ve seen a workaround where all the files for your HPC flavour laser cutter and your Just Add Sharks laser cutter just exist in the same folder, allowing all the correct DLL version to be found by the cutters.

Another option is simply running the two different versions of the software, opening and closing them when you are working with the different cutters. The Softdog should be the same for both, so that shouldn’t present an issue.

There is a lot of information about this sort of issue on forums and other sites. It’s been a little while since I dealt with the issue as mentioned so I’m a bit rusty/lacking in confidence for a fix. I will do a bit more research though as it’d benefit me to have a work flow for this issue going forward.

Let us know how you get on and please do share any thoughts or steps you’ve taken so far.

Hi thanks guys.

So on the same laptop how would I load two different lasercuts??

It’s a good question and I’m not 100% sure if it’s possible. I’m going to do a bit more research when I can. It’s not something I’ve tried before.