Windows 10 and Lasercut 5.3

Hello,

I’m a IT tech at a school which using Lasercut 5.3 with a HPC Laser LS6090, we’ve recently updated to Windows 10. I followed the guide on installing lasercut on Windows 10 but we are now having an issue with the cutter coming up with the following message when trying to print ‘DLL VERSION DOES NOT MATCH FIRMWARE VERSION’. Does this mean the laser cutter needs updating? I saw a post on here from a few months back about the same thing but was unsure if ours is down to Lasercut config or the cutter needing the update.

If it is the cutter can someone point me to the right place for how to get the firmware and update it.

Thanks

Alex

1 Like

Hi Alex,
welcome!
A bit of googling seems to show that there is an initial issue.
The first post here:
http://forum.laserscript.net/viewtopic.php?t=1087

You simply need to reinstall the drivers (must be that Win 10 has overwritten the driver with a file of the same name?)

Some people have found that just re-installing LaserCut works, "All I had to do was re-install Lasercut - don’t overwrite the config file when asked "

Just make sure you don’t overwrite the config file

Let us know which solution works for you!

Cheers
Phill

1 Like

Hi Phil,

Thanks for you reply, I’ve tried reinstalling Lasercut 5.3. I’m not entirely sure what driver I’m meant to be using, I’m guessing i’ve got to contact HPC and get the driver off of them? I don’t think we have a CD for it anywhere. It doesn’t appear as per the thread you linked to so think it must be a wrong one!

Thanks

Alex

Hi Phil,

I’ve managed to get a copy of the HPC driver and updated it, but still no luck! Still getting the DLL error!

Any ideas of what it could be? I’ve reinstalled lasercut after the driver update also but no luck.

Thanks

Alex

Smokey may be along soon with some words of wisdom!!

You can download Lasercut 5.3 from here: https://smokeandmirrors.store/pages/installing-lasercut-5-3-windows-xp-vista-7
(There is also some useful explanation of what you should be seeing)

In the zip file is a drivers folder with an executable: LTUSBDrvSetup_V4.0_EN.exe
Presumably this sets up the drivers?
(Soz, can’t check as I am on Linux here at the mo.)

Everything I have found so far is saying a reinstallation of lasercut works!

Maybe try uninstalling lasercut first, reboot the machine then reinstall from fresh (remember to back up any cutting files, just in case it goes and deletes any directories!!)
Cheers
Phill

1 Like

Hey Alex, check out this thread:

Hello Alex

Checking a couple of things… is the version of Lasercut you’ve installed the version that came on a disk with your laser cutter? If you’ve downloaded it from my website its not the right version for a HPC machine. As mentioned in the thread that @phillw shared, the DLL issue can be serious. I’ve had units with this problem because the firmware has been damaged or the controller has been damaged in some fashion, however as also mentioned in that thread it can be resolved.

Don’t forget the Lasercut ideally needs to be run as an admin, and also needs to be able to copy meta data to a file on the local drive, so if you’re running some locked down Z drive system or a UTC type system you’ll encounter problems.

Thanks for response both, the account on the machine is a local admin account, as there is other software that requires admin rights also. I can’t find the original disk that came with the cutter so i’m going with the one that HPC sent me when i asked them. I haven’t tried uninstalling restarting and then reinstalling, i’ll try this next. The Drivers seem to be installed correctly but the DLL still appears. HPC have sent me 2 versions of Lasercut 5.3 to try as apparently this model came with 2 different boards. Annoying the 2nd one they sent me is being blocked at install by our anti virus! I’ll try the reinstalling again and get back to you.

I’ve managed to install the 2nd version after allowing it through our AV. It’s got a step further, it goes to ‘compiling’ on laser cut to 62% and then crashes… Also how do i uninstall lasercut? I can’t find it in the programme list to uninstall or an uninstaller. Just been reinstalling it over the top each time.

Does lasercut 5.3 work with linux as this may be an alternative if i can’t get this working.

I doubt they do it for linux, can you not revert back to Win 7?
Our laptop is only used for the lasercutter and is not even on the network so, although it irks the network manager it is staying as a win 7 machine!

Does the lasercut not appear as a device in the Printers and devices menu? You could uninstall it from there?

It does not work with Linux though you might be able to use some sort of Windows 7 emulator. At this point, I’d strongly suggest installing laser cut on a stand-alone machine, say a laptop or something like that, to test your cutters’ controller. If it works with a stand-alone machine, you know that the issues are related to your schools network. If it fails on a stand-alone then you know there is an issue with the cutter.

1 Like

Good News! :partying_face: It’s working!

After speaking with the HPC tech, i uninstalled LaserCut by removing every mention of it off the device along with drivers etc. and started from scratch with the install provided by them the 2nd time, as ours has a different board. Thanks for all you guys help and have a good weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @Alex that’s good news pleased you got sorted.